Cyclooone!
Hey all, there is some crazy cyclones apparently, a level 4 (out of 5), hit townsville, and some damage was done apparently. I know that in cairns, the power has been out for almost a day now. But I'm DOING FINE, haven't been affected at all really. Though it was pretty windy outside along with some heavy rain, hasn't swept the grin from my face :)
Oh!
And the other day I went to the townsville cowboys rugby game, was SOOOO cool, man its such a hardcore sport, basically no padding and when players get bashed in the head, are unconscious, and don't get up they're termed "soft" and get yelled at... which they then usually get up and continue playing.
Me and my "mates" did the whole paint on our chest thing, we all had crazy stuff, and together on our backs spelt "BOOBS!" any other place it'd been inappropriate, but not here! We were like celebrities, sooo many people were cheering for us! And one poitn all these lil aussi kids kept coming up to me, for piggy back rides and high fives, it was so funny! I got on TV with some parents kid on my shoulders *shrug
School is also going great, I just finished a first aider course, over the weekend, very applicable stuff to sports injuries, with how to tape properly, what to do in all types of injuries and basics of injury prevention/treatment.
In my sports med class I'm learning so much about up to date stuff latest journal articles about particular theories. For example, its been around for about 80 years, that lactic acid is the cause of muscle fatigue... though this plays a significant role, it is NOT the main factor. It is believed to be possibly due to the lack of calcium being unavaible for effective muscle contraction.
Also my pharmacology project is sweet
to quickly some it up
over the counter anti-inflammatories, Advil, motrin (ibuprofen), can cause gastric distress and lead to an ulcer
some what recently these drugs call COX-2 inhibitors have come out which were to isolate a specifc enzyme that would not affect the stomach (obviously its more detailed and if your curiously drop me an email phil_dwek@yahoo.ca)
However these new drugs such as VIOX,celebrex, and there are a few others, have shown an increase in myocardial infarction (that's a fancy word for heart attack). So what my project is gonna invovle, is using currently hypotheses as to why heart attacks result, and find a better possible mechanism to get around this, so far I have some great ideas, my profs pretty excited for me also, so we'll see how it goes down.
later!
Phil
3 Comments:
PHILLIPPPPPPP
im glad you're ok! BTW where are these pictures of these crazy adventures ur going through, come on especially the boobs thing i wanna see that LOL
stay crazy phil, and POST PICTURES i wanna see ur sexy face :D byeeeeee
I love u my wife....eleni
p.s LOVE U PHILY WILLY
Post a Comment
<< Home