Phils adventure

Hey there, so I'm travelling to England to meet up with some family, then manchester to meet up with papas ol' pals. then travelling all over Europe, France, Belgium, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy and possibly more. Then I'm going to Australia for four months in school... this should be cool :)

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Phi Phi Island

Alright, so much has been happening, me and Pete are fully making use of our time.

Firslty I am starting to really take up the language, definately sufficient to get back.

whats cool is learnign to make words rise, and lowering them, because Thai is a tonal language if you don't use the correct tone they really won't understand you.

I found it funny that I've been saying Hong-Nam for food, freakin taxi driver told me this, it means toilet... oh well.

And the Thai get very excited when a non asian uses there language, or so far the people we've talked to. so when we arrived at Phi Phi Island (pronoucned pee pee) first we checked in to an extremely cheap hostel, but nice and went to this beautiful view point, where we saw the tide come in, pete is male, but it was still romantic :)

we then brought coconuts from the top down, and ate at a nice restaurant where we told the waiters to prepare our coconuts, they were quite excited. The meal was great and the coconut milk inside was perfection. Later that night we relaxed for we had to be up early the next day.

Today we had an AMAZING adventure all around the isalnd, we went snorkling and cliff jumping.

We saw wicked corals and lots lots of fish (plaw in Thai) and saw lobster clown fish, butterfly fish, banner fish, and many more. Cliff jumping was done from a max of 18 metres above extremely sharp but it was suuuch a rush, about 2 seconds free fall, its no skydiving but I was scared.

Then we snorkled somore and headed back where we watched the DVD they made of our excursion, its gonna be all edited with music and stuff, for a whopping 30 bucks, but it worth 100% so you'll see it when we get back.

Again, I dont' like to edit, but were now in phuket and getting read to visit our people in the north.

Oh, by the way, for now on I refer to my/our people as the Thai people, we take care of them, and they take care of us.

missing home, but still loving it!

Phill

3 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

eww ur asian now....eww

 
At 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Philip Dwek? Never heard of him

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Thunder said...

Hay Phil its Derrick I sent you a e-mail so if you want send me back a e-mail if you have time ok.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home